Can't say enough about the Devonshire & the staff. My Mother has been a resident for 7 years. She lived in the independent wing and then assisted. The team have created a warm, caring & fun community for it's seniors. Many thanks!
Young Again - How Good Friends Dial Back the Aging Clock in Senior Living Back
Friends are the key to life as we age. They provide companionship, excitement, and support. Friends can help keep your health on track and make you feel young again. At The Devonshire, we promote good relationships and strong friendships because friends are family.
Friends are good for the mind and body. Research shows that friendships improve physical and mental health. Studies have found that such relationships lower blood pressure, reduce the risk of heart disease, sharpen memory, and improve sleep. Friends motivate each other to live a healthy lifestyle and adopt healthy habits. Social connections improve the odds of living longer.
Whether you live in independent or assisted living, there are plenty of ways for everyone to meet new people.
- Participate in our various daily planned activities. Check out our monthly event calendar for all of the activities occurring at The Devonshire all day every day.
- Dine in our elegant dining room. Enjoy chef-prepared, restaurant-style meals each day in the dining room, and never worry about eating your meal alone.
- Get your blood flowing in a fitness class. Whether you prefer to take a walk, work on your flexibility, or use light weights, we have classes designed for your ability.
- Join a club that focuses on your favorite hobby. Clubs such as gardening and religion bring those with similar interests together to bond.
- Take the bus on a scheduled outing. Meet up with your friends and take the bus on a planned and scheduled outing in Hampton, Virginia.
There are countless ways to meet new people and build new friendships at The Devonshire. Nurturing friendships take effort at any age but getting involved in all of the opportunities that we offer helps provide the setting and socialization for the friendships you need. Good friends lead to good times, and that is one of our favorite things about the lifestyle here at The Devonshire.