Great facility compassionate and caring.
Did You Know That March Is National Kidney Month Back
No time like the present to give your kidneys a well-deserved checkup. Who is at risk for kidney disease, you may wonder.
Here are some facts:
- Kidney disease can affect anyone however, seniors that do not have a high fluid intake and are on medications are at a higher risk for kidney disease.
- Anyone with high blood pressure
- Anyone with diabetes
- Anyone over the age of 60
- Anyone with a family history of diabetes
- Anyone who is obese
How can you prevent kidney disease?
- Ask your doctor for a urine test - this could help save your kidneys.
- The doctor may give you a blood test to ensure that your kidneys are working to remove the wastes from your blood.
Why would I need to worry about my kidneys?
- Kidneys remove waste products from the body
- Kidneys remove drugs from the body
- They release hormones that regulate your blood pressure
- They control the production of red blood cells
- They produce an active form of Vitamin D that promotes strong, healthy bones
- They balance the body's fluids
You can see why you should take care of your kidneys! Ask your doctor to test you this month!